Temecula Murrieta Birth Photographer & Doula :: Robin Baker :: About Me
Hello! I am Robin Baker, Temecula Murrieta Birth Photographer & Doula, Placenta Encapsulation Specialist & Mentor, Health & Wellness advocate for JuicePlus+ and doTERRA Essential Oils. I was born and raised in sunny Southern California and am raising my family in Temecula, CA. I married my husband Michael in 2002 and we started our family soon thereafter. The Lord has blessed us with 4 beautiful children – 3 boys (Jackson, Owen, & Gavin) and 1 girl (Hannah).
I studied photography in high school and college but ultimately decided on a pre-med major. I graduated from Orange Coast College (1999) with an associates degree and went on to get my degree in Dental Hygiene from Cypress College (2003). We had our first natural birth in 2005 which ignited my passion for birth and babies. After years of self study and helping my friends educate themselves on birth choices, I decided to take a childbirth education certification course (2010). I taught The Bradley Method for 2 years in group and private settings. In the fall of 2010, I completed DONA Birth Doula training and was mentored by my own,very experienced, doula Rosie. In the summer of 2012 I hired a local Placenta Encapsulation Specialist to give me a private, one-on-one, training in my own home. I completed the Full Circle Placenta Encapsulation certification course shortly thereafter. I regularly attend continuing education courses to keep up my dental hygiene license and also to stay current with the various aspects of being a birth professional.
- 1999 Associates Degree :: Orange Coast College
- 2003 Registered Dental Hygiene degree :: Cypress College
- 2010 DONA Birth Doula certification training – taught by Gerri Ryan, LM, CPM
- 2012 Full circle Placenta Encapsulation certification training – images blogged for Day 1 and Day 2
- Private one-on-one Placenta Encapsulation training in my home – taught by Jennifer Lindeman
- REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST (2003 – Present) :: I’ve been very fortunate to work for Citracado Dental Group for the last 10 years! They have supported my family through 5 pregnancies and fluctuating work schedule. Over the last decade I have worked full time (4-5 days a week), part time (2-3 days a week), and currently just one shift a month (the first Saturday). I highly recommend CDG if you are in North County San Diego and need a dental home. Check out all the services they offer here.
- BIRTH BLESSINGS PHOTOGRAPHY & CHILDBIRTH SERVICES (2010 – Present) :: While I love being a Dental Hygienist, the more children I had, the more I wanted to stay home and care for them during the early years. I opened Birth Blessings Photography in January of 2010 and attended my first birth as the birth photographer & doula in July. In October of 2010 I added the “childbirth” portion to my small business after attending Doula and Childbirth Educator trainings. I attend continuing education courses every year such as Penny Simkin, Jen VBAC facts, and Ina May Gaskin to continually grow in my knowledge and experience to help families blossom into their new or revisited role as parents.
- TEMECULA MURRIETA PLACENTA ENCAPSULATION (2012 – Present) :: After experiencing childbirth several times without utilizing my placenta for postpartum health & wellness, I decided to try it. It made a huge difference for me so I started highly recommending it to my students and birth clients. I saw happy families very satisfied with this natural remedy and decided it would be a perfect addition to my birth services. I am fascinated by this beautiful organ that blossoms over 9 months into a tree of life, and the ancient tradition of ingesting it for postpartum wellness. I have served over 100 families with placenta services and mentored new specialists via one-on-one training in person and over Skype.
- THE BLESSED HIPPIE (2014 – Present) :: This is my new project where I share my health & wellness lifestyle. Friends, family, clients & strangers call, text, private message, and email me daily with questions about my hippie remedies and lifestyle. “Robin! Help! What do you do for this? What should i use for that?” I love love love helping people and passing along what I have learned through experience. All products I promote, recipes I share, and small businesses I spotlight, are those that I use and what works for my family.
I love the smell of Scotch tape
I am a perfectionist, but my babies are teaching me to “let it go”
I make silly faces and noises at photo sessions and like to laugh
I used to rarely wear make up (eek!) but now I have mastered the art of applying it in 5 minutes
I love to work out and lift weights (I know, don’t shoot me!)
My sister is my best buddy
I love learning and reading
I have an obsession with office supplies, highlighters & colored pens especially
I wanted to be a Chiropractor “when I grew up”
I am a farm girl at heart and love the countryside
*Sometimes* I talk too much when I get excited about a subject
I laugh so hard I cry on a frequent basis (usually with my sister)
I am an open book and wear my heart on my sleeve
What does that have to do with business? Not much, but since choosing a custom photographer & doula means much more than getting photos on your wall, it’s nice to know a little about the person who will be spending time with your family. For more photo related information, see the FAQ page.